Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) is widely used in most industries around the globe. It is an engineering language that uses a library of symbols, rules, definitions and conventions to describe the functional intention of a part using unambiguous tolerances. GD&T is used throughout all steps of the process chain from design, manufacturing, quality control, and 3D metrology.
This webinar will break down the fundamentals of GD&T workflows into easily understandable concepts. You will not only get an insight into theory basics, but also into practical evaluation steps in the GOM software.
Topics in this webinar:
- An introduction to functional tolerancing
- Drawing annotations
- Feature extraction from point clouds
- Size checks, form checks, orientation checks, datums and location checks
- Mathematics in the background
- Product and manufacturing information (PMI)