The Capture 3D Casting & Forging Workshop is an industrial meeting platform for design engineers, pattern, die and mold makers as well as specialists from quality assurance and production. Learn how leading casting and forging companies are utilizing optical measuring techniques to advance, optimize, and accelerate product development, manufacturing, and production processes.
There is no cost to attend; however, seating is limited so we encourage you to please register below.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Bradken Foundry Modernization with 3D Metrology
- MMG (Mecklenburger Metallguss GmbH) Optical Metrology for Production of Large Cast Parts
- Raskopf Optimizing Value Chains for Forging and Gravity Casting Dies with Optical 3D Metrology
- Optical Metrology and Industrial Coordinate Measurement in Casting Process Chains
- Optical Marking of Castings and Part Alignment: Tracking and Back Projection
- Inspection Concepts and Tolerance Management: Analysis of 3D Measurement Data
- Production accompanying quality control of cast parts -
Inspection and trend analysis
- Tracking and backprojection in casting and forging industries -
Part alignment for CNC machining and
Backprojection for material deposition and machining
- Quality assurance for model and mold making -
Assembly analysis of molds and cores
Industrial 3D Measurement Techniques in Casting and Forging Processes
Models and Patterns
- Verification of milling results
- Reverse Engineering & change management
- Maintenance & archiving
- Full-field shape and dimension inspection
- Process reliability
Tools, Cores and Molds
- Targeted tool corrections
- Inspection of NC machining
- Assembly analysis
- Fit of mold halves, core allowance and sliders
- Wear analysis
Cast and Forged Parts
- First article inspection (full-field and pointwise)
- Shrinkage, warp & allowance control
- Material thickness analysis
- Optimized CNC machining
- Automated quality control & trend analysis
In casting and forging processes, 3D metrology
pressure die and investment casting: from pattern
and die construction, mold and core making, to first article inspection reports and
optimization of CNC machining.
With ATOS optical non-contact 3D scanner, complete surfaces of patterns, tools,
molds, sand cores, sand molds, cast and forged
parts can be measured regardless
of the object size.
Full-field surface measurements guarantee faster
inspections and targeted tool correction,
thereby, reducing production lead times. For quality control in production, 3D
measurement and the entire inspection process can be automated.
Can't attend but would like more information? Please contact us at email@example.com.